Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yay- a nothing to do day!!!

in our kitchen

I caved in . . . I'm a bad Mom.


Pizza Delivery Boy- his pizza was fine. The one Maddie Sue and I shared had been tilted by the delivery boy and the cheese was served separate from the dough.



At Andilli Playarea

Finally a boring day! The kids and I walked to the mall in the rain and we bought day passes to play on the indoor playground. I worked on a mountain of unfinished work I had brought with me from the States and Maddie Sue and Austin played.


Although they stopped for a quick lunch, they pretty much played nearly six hours straight and I was able to get a lot of work done. The fact that they serve espresso everywhere helps with efficiency too of course.


Late afternoon we walked home in (more) rain and I put Maddie Sue down for a short nap. Austin was thrilled to be allowed to go downstairs and order pizza from the restaurant across the cobblestone alley by himself. He doesn’t realize I can watch him from the windows . . .


After dinner I packed Maddie Sue’s bag for her field trip tomorrow. All I know is that they are going somewhere by bus and will be gone all day. She’s very excited. I’m just happy she isn’t in the 4-year-old class since on Friday the parents all delivered those children with large suitcases for their weekend field trip with their teachers.


The kids and I are now hanging out cozy in the upper half of the apartment with its' slanted walls. I have the angled windows open and the rain pounding on the panes of glass would be sooo amazingly relaxing if I didn't have a two year old jumping up and down on the couch singing LOUDLY "It's raining it's pouring". . . Explain to me again why we can't give little kids cold meds to "help" them sleep anymore.