Sunday, June 20, 2010

Climbing rock walls in the Goethe Park. Austin is at the top.
Playing in the natural springs in the Goethe Park.

Walking, walking and walking


ACC Playarea

No matter how long we are away from home each summer, it is always the last week that I start getting homesick. Maddie Sue and I have whopping colds and because of this I still have yet to get her out of my bed since Julie and Dorothy left Weimar. This also means that I have yet been able to sleep an entire night without being kicked or woken up by her chatting in her sleep.

Despite her active nightlife, she continues to rise with the sun which, I know for a fact, now begins at 4:15 a.m.

My goal today has been to tire out the kids. We have spent the large part of the day at the park running and playing with Austin riding the bike that we rented for him. We actually had to switch out the bike for an older version since the first bike only had front brakes that either he couldn't sqeeze tightly enough or, as he insisted, decided a switch was in order. Regardless, his method of biking into trees to stop was making me nervous.

I have now officially given up on the computer in my apartment, which isn't a bad thing since there is both a sandbox (with other kids) and wifi at my favorite cafe/restaurant/tea place next to the town castle.