Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Friends








The computer is my apartment is amazingly slow as of late, so I've been lazy about posting to the blog . . . Munich was great and the kids had a nice 2nd weekend with the daymother. We have started our last two weeks left in Weimar- amazing how the time has flown by! The Director of SMU Abroad has been visiting our program so I have been busy with her. My friends Julie and Dorothy arrived Monday evening and it's been fun having them here. I never realized how completely and totally obsessed Weimar is about Goethe until they arrived and took a tour, which apparently focused almost exclusively on him. Now, whenever we walk anywhere I feel like I am always pointing out things about Goethe- where he lived, worked, swam, studied etc. etc.
Tonight after we all took a long walk in the park, the two of them cooked the kids and me a great dinner and then I went to an opera with the students and they watched the kids for me, which was great. Tomorrow after class we are meeting up and renting bikes for a bike ride. Since the two of them are avid bikers, or at least much more so than me, I suspect that Thursday I will have some trouble getting out of bed. . .