Monday, June 7, 2010

Home Again


Maddie Sue had trouble not eating the stale bread we were feeding the ducks.



Feeding ducks down by the river than runs through the park. In the back you see a building. This area used to be where the townspeople would swim in the summers.



Austin and I like to go to the Back Factory for hot chocolate and a snack afterschool every day.


The kids had a great weekend with the Day Mother and her family. The daughter Salome celebrated her 12th birthday- each year the kids happen to be there on her birthday weekend and get to attend her party. This year we gave Salome a dress that I had also bought Maddie Sue so that they could match (purple dress in picture above). Austin's favorite part of the weekend was taking two buses to and two buses home when he went to the outdoor swimming pool with Salome and her friend.


I got home very late last night after walking home from the train station and it was fun waking the kids up this morning and hearing them talk about their weekend. On our way to school, Maddie Sue kept singing a song she made up called: "My Mommy is the best Mommy in the whole wide world." Gotta love that song. Of course, I'm going to Munich this weekend with students and I wonder if she'll be singing that once I leave her alone again for another weekend . . .